CS met PGM (HR & Admn) in his chamber and discussed various Developmental and Maintenance Activities. The following are the salient features of discussion:
- Rearrangement of DE Posts in NMS / CFA/ CM Marketing after thorough study.
- Filling up of DE posts in NSS/BSS on an Emergency basis to sustain Revenue in CM Area.
- Filling up of posts like TTA/JTO/DE in Installation Wing fallen vacant after retirement/promotion of incumbents since vital stores are maintained in mainly Switching Installation Unit.
- Bifurcation of TXM as cables (South & North) and creation of one post up to DGM level for improvement of Transmission Media [system alone]. Transmission Maintenance and Installation also needs strengthening. – PGM appreciated this proposal and ensured that he will discuss with CGM.
- Relocation of DE TXM TVR office to TVR Exchange for better monitoring of all SDCAs on a similar line like BSS KCM & DGM CPT.
- Formation of a separate Team for FTTH under the control of one DGM. – An issue persistently raised by this Association for effective utilization of potential Areas.
- Immediate Purchase of Splicing Machines & Power Meters as committed earlier but not fulfilled. – PGM replied that this will be sorted out by February’16 end itself.
- All our quarters require continuous thorough monitoring since during rain in December’15 many quarters are affected and loss of life was also reported in Annanagar Quarters.
- Implementation of Transfer order of Estate officer at the earliest
- Immediate relieving of Shri.K.Sankaralingam SDE TXM splicing TAM to TN circle as per order. – PGM replied that within a week this issue will be settled.
- Posting of DGM in Madhavaram Area a long pending issue that is solely addressed with the aim to improve our Services in this vital Area. PGM agreed to look in to this issue.
- Posting of a Full-fledged DGM for OP Section since this requires lot of interaction with BSNL CO, TERMCELL, etc., – PGM agreed to review this case.
- Continued negligence of the Management in providing “Look After GM Posts “ to promote officers while almost all eligible Addl.GM are offered this post, our regular DGM is deprived of this promotion status leading to dissatisfaction amongst seniors in both Telecom Engineering and Finance Wing. Our association had represented repeatedly on this particular issue. – PGM responded positively and he assured that he will discuss with Head of Circle.
- Request to implement Govt order endorsed by DOT & BSNL where by necessary benefit up to E5 Scale promotion must be extended to reserved category officers.-PGM wants time to discuss with TN Circle.
- Apart from the above various other specific HR cases were also discussed. We also strongly requested for the need to have a separate GM/Sr.GM for HR & ADMN alone since Field issues could be better discussed and resolved.