Circle Secretary along with Com Kandasamy Ex BS Civil, Com Duraisamy Ex VP CHQ met and welcomed Sri S.Chellappan GM (HR/Admin) to Chennai Telephones. CS wished new GM and extended all support for bringing BSNL to no.1 Telecom Operator in Chennai. CS had a brief discussion with new GM and the details are as follows:
1. There is an acute shortage of Sr.TOAs in Accounts Wing, CS requested to resolve the issues with utmost priority.
2. CS requested to Admin Office to analyse the total requirement of staff and working staff available and to work on the re deployment for meeting the emergency staff requirements.
3. For settling Medical Bills of Retired Staff a new section with the strength of One AO, 2 JAOs and 4 TOAs may be formed. Presently a delay of months are taking place for settling the Medical Bills of retired BSNL staffs.
4. For payment of EB Bills by putting MoU with banks, steps were taken from February 2016, but still the issue is not resolved completely, resulting in waste of time and effort of BSNL Officers/Staff. It may be monitored and sorted out.
5. Disparity in HR issues of Officers/Staff from BSNL Civil wing may be resolved. Equal respect shall be given for all the staff of BSNL in HR issues.
6.AIBSNLEA CHTD had already given letter to Administration for effectively utilising/re deploying the Civil Wing Staff in Building Maintenance and Electrical wing in Power & AC Maintenance. This will resolve many issue to an extend, and the case may be speeded up.
7.CS also discussed the development issues in BSNL CHTD. Lot of BB surrender is happening in recent times. CS politely requested GM(HR/Admn) to study if the present trend of decline in Broadband is due to any HR issues/Staff shortage and extended full support from AIBSNLEA for the positive growth of BSNL CHTD.