Circle Secretary’s address during the CWC Meeting at Trivandrum on 11th & 12th Aug 17 is published below.
AIBSNLEA/ ChTD/ 2017-18 / CS-Address-CWC-TVM Date: 11-08-2017
Respected President, our beloved G.S, and my dear Comrades, I am privileged to submit the following few lines on behalf of ChTD for this Forum to deliberate. Some of the points were already informed in the CHQ office Bearers meet at Delhi on 6th July 2017 but still repeated for the sake of continuity.
- The CHQ must publish a fitting reply to the misinformation campaign by SNEA on its website especially on intentions against strike which is portrayed as a weakness.
- Our website should be redesigned to have a more appeal among the viewers.
- We must make all out attempt to attract all the DRs through massive publicity/exposure / Open Appeal campaign. It is imperative to note that the amalgamation or co ordination between SNEA & AIGETOA is not definitely happening in various circles since ordinary members of AIGETOA are yet to come to terms with SNEA (it is clearly an unholy marriage between just the leadership of SNEA & AIGETOA).
- Merger of AITEEA with AIBSNLEA should be completed early & at the same time other likeminded Associations like ABLE / BASE /AIBSNLOA must also be approached to strengthen AIBSNLEA by complete merger of all of them with us.
- The fact that the “Recognized Majority Association” has not achieved anything so far in 7 months is to be repeatedly mentioned and SNEA should be referred always as “Recognized Minority Association”.
- We must constantly display in our website, the first order from SR section after announcement of MVP result where in it was clearly mentioned that SNEA stood first and AIBSNLEA stood second with no other comments like recognized status, etc.,
- We must also repeatedly mention that SNEA has not got the support of majority of Executives namely 55% in BSNL that is more vital while deciding any issue.
- The court case at Chennai & Allahabad must be speed up to get the positive result at the earliest.
- Facilities at par with SNEA must be obtained including Spl CL, CUG, etc.,
- We must insist on allotment of Local / Circle / National Council seats on prorata basis strictly as per vote share.
- The E2-E3 up gradation has been taken as a tool by SNEA to attract DRs But stagnation at E3 for 10 years are not at all known to their base level members and conveniently sidelined.
- Only when we put pressure on Management to speed up JAO to AO, JTO to SDE , AO to CAO and SDE TO DE ( DPC work initiated) promotion, and release the list ( be it with a rider mentioning Court case), our sincere efforts will be known to all Executives.
- While there is a pressure from the Management to achieve targets, the required accessories like Route Tracers, OFC Meters/Testers are in short supply leading to our inability to unearth the hidden treasure namely our UG Cables in Rural Areas.
- The migration from BB to FTTH is to be the main task for the Field units, if we are to realize Revenue. A clear plan should be published by BSNL CO incorporating the procedures to be followed in implementation including Clarity & CRM in CDR.
- With average age increasing beyond 55, the Outsourcing of External Maintenance is the only way to reduce fault duration which will lead to retention of customers.
- For improved service on LL/BB front, the complaint number “198” must be made accessible from all mobile operators by suitable accord/agreement.
- On the Human Resource side, once again we insist our CHQ to take up and ensure that the Civil and Electrical Executives at SSA level are brought under the Administrative and Technical control of SSA-Head so that they can be in Major Exchanges as Building in charges…
- While the Rule 8 transfers are now through ERP, I request our GS to take up and ensure all request transfers are processed through ERP thereby avoiding duplication of works and also leading to greater transparency.
- ChTD diary amount will be pursued, GS instructed to settled amount realized before our Circle Conference. Due to Retirement, VRS and Transfer to other circle the Chennai Telephones membership is reduced by 56 from December 2016 till 10/8/2017
- On behalf of Chennai Telephones, I once again request our CHQ to take up with BSNL CO and settle our demand for declaring the CPT-SSA as a Soft Tenure place in Chennai Telephones District.
Thank you one and all for patient hearing.
AIBSNLEA ZINDABAD! LONG LIVE EXECUTIVES’UNITY! P.UDAYASURIYAN