In view of the awful orders released by BSNL CO regarding the manpower restructuring in various wings- Telecom, Accounts, Civil and Electrical, an Emergency COB meeting was held at Mambalam TE at 17:30Hrs. CS, CP and FS collected inputs from COB Members in Engg and Accounts wing. The discussions in the COB meeting are as follows
- Interest of all the Executives of BSNL CHTD to be protected.
- The restructuring order is totally against the will of Executives and shortage of posts in each cadre to be studied and escalated to CGM immediately.
- The Restructuring Order is against existing Recruitment Rules and Promotion Policy, hence un acceptable.
- Approved posts in JTO/SDE cadre and JAO/AO cadre to be separately notified.
- COB suggested that All the three major Associations must fight against this order in common platform and common letter to be served to CGM CHTD immediately as this is questioning the existence of Executives.
- The acute shortage of posts in Accounts wing notified is an example of poor study of workforce required by BSNL CO.
Further it was decided that as first course of action, a letter shall be served to CGM immediately after discussing with all Associations.